Indian Medical Visa – The Eligibility Criteria and Validity Period, India is known for offering premium-grade quality health care services to patients from all over the world that matches the International standards. Thus, there is no doubt that people from across the world opt for coming to India in order to meet their healthcare or medical needs. Many factors are feeding this exodus (for medical reasons) that may include:
- First and foremost, cost of medical treatments in India is way cheaper than those in developed countries such as the US, UK, Australia, Canada etc. As a matter of fact, this is the prime reason why a growing number of Americans choose to come to India for medical treatments.
- Secondly, improved state-of-architecture and access to modern equipment and high-precision intervention techniques are compelling people to come to India to seek medical treatments.
- Last but not the least, India has emerged as a hub for medical travelers as it is home to best doctors, surgeons and other medical staff that helps the patients to heal quickly.
Medical Visa for India
After knowing the reasons why more and more are coming to India for medical reasons, you must know about Indian medical visa and its associated aspects in detail, especially if you want to come to India to have your medical needs met. This article will render all the information you will ever need to embark on a medical journey towards the Indian shores.
Also Read –
Though India has a flexible Visa policy for a fairly large number of American and European nations, there exists a set of guidelines and procedure that one needs to adhere to step into the country, purely on medical reasons. The eligibility criteria can be summed up into four main points:
- In order to pursue specialist treatment in India, the applicant for the medical visa must possess a prior recommendation from the medical unit in his her country.
- The applicant should be seeking medical attention solely in a recognized medical and healthcare establishment that specializes in offering the specific set of a treatment protocol for the ailment.
- High priority patients with several grave diseases are designated as M visa applications. The high priority patients are those that are considered for critical procedures such as neurosurgery, heart problems, ophthalmic disorders and organ transplants.
- An applicant (patient) can have a maximum of two attendants. However, the people accompanying the patient will require a medical attendant Visa.
Although anyone can have access to medical Visa, there are a few cases that are categorized as high-priority cases, such as
- Heart-related problems
- Organ transplantation
- Renal disorders
- Congenital disorders
- Ophthalmic disorders
- Joint replacement
- Gene therapy
- Plastic surgery
Validity Period of Indian Medical Visa
The validity period of medical visa extends up to a maximum of 1 year. Under the patient medical visa, the patient can come to India for a maximum of three times in a calendar year. However, the patient can file for a visa extension request, and for this, he or she will have to submit the medical certificate for the same to the Foreign Regional Registration Office (FRRO).
Contact MedMonks, a leading medical travel company to know further about how to get medical visa for india @ https://medmonks.com/